Robert W. Porter
A native of Bloomington, Mr. Porter joined Costigan & Wollrab, P.C. as an associate in August 2012. He was made a partner in the firm in January 2019.
Mr. Porter serves clients in a variety of matters including litigation, estate planning and administration, guardianships, real estate, and business formation and advising. Mr. Porter has served as corporate counsel of the Public Building Commission of McLean County, Illinois since April 2014. He is also a certified Guardian ad Litem for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit.
In addition, Mr. Porter is a Certified National Guardian through the Center for Guardianship Certification. In December 2021, Governor J.B. Pritzker appointed Mr. Porter to serve as the Public Administrator and Public Guardian for both McLean and Logan Counties.
In June 2022, Mr. Porter was honored by the McLean County Bar Association by being named its "Young Lawyer of the Year."
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Real Estate
- Business Formation and Advising
- Municipal Law
- Family Law (Guardian ad Litem Appointments)
Year Joined Firm
- Illinois, 2012
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2013
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Illinois Wesleyan University
- B.A. - 2009
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- McLean County Bar Association
- Illinois Guardianship Association
- National Guardianship Association
- Mr. Porter currently serves as the Secretary of the McLean County Historical Society. He is also a Member of the Board of the Illinois Symphony Orchestra.